For a while now I’m looking for ways to implement kanban in my workflows.
I do see the benefits, and I’m aware that it is not the golden solution for everything.
- I need a visual representation of my WIP (work in progress)
- not too much hassle like, logging on to different websites
- not in public enviroments
- direct accesible from my tooling (a.k.a. business laptop)
- Intergration with task functions already available in my tooling (a.k.a. outlook tasks)
So I did a google on outlook and kanban. And after some searching I found this site. Which looks like a nice solution, using my outlook software etc…
So I tried to implement it.
And had one problem…. For security reasons the functionality to add a home page to an outlook folder has been disabled. And I understand it. But still wanted to see how this free solution would work.
So I found a site about enabling the home page function again. This site
The first option didn’t work for me, but adding the key “EnableRoamingFolderHomepages”=dword:00000001 to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security] was the magic I needed.
For now this solution will do. Using familiar software to get accustomed with using kanban.