ssh access on first boot
I’m using my rPI headless. Meaning no monitor, mouse and keyboard. Just an ethernet connection.
And that is great, but then you need to have ssh access.. and by default that is not running.
There are some small steps to have ssh running on boot, these are the steps
(assumption is that your network has a DHCP service running)
- insert SD card into your Windows / MacOS / Linux system
- create a file named ‘ssh’ on the root partition.
- Insert the SD card into the rPI
- boot the rPI
- check your DHCP service log for a new created IP lease
- SSH to the IP found in the previous step
Default username: pi, password: raspberry